Am 03.05.2014 12:19 schröbte Philipp Janda:

*   It reports 104 bytes for an empty table (which would indicate one
allocated hash slot), but my own measurements show a size of 64 bytes
for empty tables (without any hash slots allocated). I will investigate
further which one is right ...

As a follow-up:
Empty tables use a static dummy node instead of an allocated one, so 64 bytes would be correct (on my machine). The downside is that there seems to be no easy way to detect that from outside of `ltable.c` ...

Philipp