In message <CA+ZMS_spPgJyS2Xqx-v5nug69hWK9aR_HBAi7ebhebWDswgYyA@mail.g
mail.com>
          steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Talking of prefixes, isiZulu uses prefixes for plurals, that depend on
> the noun class. Gavin will appreciate the fact that there are
> theoretically fifteen distinct noun classes (basically it's
> grammatical gender but not the I-E male/female/neuter)

Yes he does! Thank you Steve.

A boy I knew at school (who went on to found the Journal of Software
Maintenance) had an imaginary language (as did I) whose complexities
grew at such a rate that his imaginary grammarians (they lived on the
inner surface of a hollow comet) could not keep pace with it.
I dimly remember that verbs had among their unnumberable modes "the
irate", "the ambulative" and the "interjective".

Happy days!
--
Gavin Wraith