On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 8:47 AM, Sean Conner <sean@conman.org> wrote:
>   One reason to do it is that you can add keywords to the language without
> breaking existing code.

That's a rather ugly way of future-proofing a language!

>   -spc (But using a back$ could be used to mark strings! 8-P

Ah, our old friend BASIC with type postfixes... I'm surprised that
people don't get Hungarian (type prefixes) with Lua, sStr, iCount,
etc. It makes more sense than in C/C++ where the Microsofties used it
- seems to be mostly historical now.

Talking of prefixes, isiZulu uses prefixes for plurals, that depend on
the noun class. Gavin will appreciate the fact that there are
theoretically fifteen distinct noun classes (basically it's
grammatical gender but not the I-E male/female/neuter)