On Saturday, April 26, 2014 06:40:55 PM Rena wrote:
> One thing I've always been curious about is if some design patterns would
> be more popular in languages which are not developed by English speakers.
> E.g. Latin with its many verb forms, or Japanese with its
> subject-object-verb order (which looks a lot like postfix notation vs
> English's infix).

I'd be more curious to see what a programming language would look like if it
inherited the Japanese honor system? Can you imagine having to reference a
variable based on its hierarchical importance in the program relative to the
calling function?

Thankfully, the inventor of Ruby wasn't inspired by that part of his native
tongue.

--
tom <telliamed@whoopdedo.org>