On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 5:17 PM, Paige DePol <lual@serfnet.org> wrote:
On Apr 21, 2014, at 4:07 PM, Andrew Starks <andrew.starks@trms.com> wrote:

> PS: Please accept my apologies for the noise. This is now my second
> question to this list that is both very basic and also answered by
> myself. I promise, I do spend a great deal of time trying to solve
> these things myself...Thank you for your graciousness. :)

Sometimes I will draft an email to the list, then let it sit in my drafts folder for a bit while I let my brain percolate on the problem for a bit. Often the answer will come to me after a bit, then I delete the email.

Just the act of writing the email helps your brain to think of the problem in a different light, which will often times allow you find the solution to the problem. I thought I would share this technique as it may also work for you, or others! :)

~pmd~

This is often called Rubber Duck Debugging (for the practice of explaining the problem to a rubber duck rather than a mailing list). Simply writing out a detailed explanation of the problem sufficient for others to understand it gets you thinking about it enough to find a solution in a lot of cases.

--
Sent from my Game Boy.