On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 4:41 PM, Coroutines <coroutines@gmail.com> wrote:
> I strongly disagree with preprocessing in a scripting language, it feels
> sinful :p  I would like to see the 'in' keyword patch added to enable this:
> local byte, reverse, gsub in require 'string'

I used to be a big fan (enough to make LuaMacro work well) but now ...
it can lead to madness.  One creates an extension to an existing
language, and this is a problem for other readers (since software is
about social communication of algorithms ultimately). C, of course,
just can't help itself, it was made to be preprocessed. So I ended up
using LuaMacro for C programs ;)

I like that form 'local ... in ...' because no new keywords are needed.

(As for bad mornings - hey, they happen to us all!)