On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 9:51 AM, Enrico Colombini <erix@erix.it> wrote:
> (funny how a simple question tends to feed bigger and bigger plans, rather
> than getting simple answers...)

No such thing as a universal 'simple' - depends if I'm a hardcore
embedder, application programmer, casual scripter.

Personally, I think that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".  math is
fine as it is, make people more aware of mathx  (a lot of people
didn't even know that it existed).  Loadable extension is good, since
it's easy to embed statically in a Lua executable/library if needed
(Lua 5.2 made it even easier)