On Sunday, April 6, 2014, Coda Highland <chighland@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, Apr 6, 2014 at 10:05 AM, Enrico Colombini <erix@erix.it> wrote:
> A compromise could be to add mathx to the standard distribution with a
> compilation switch in luaconf.h to include it, but that would be a very
> slippery road (besides, mathx is C99).

What makes it slippery? The suggestion that perhaps Lua should come
with ONE batteries library bundled in, opening the door to more?

I had the same idea of including mathx to the standard distribution,
and I think it's a good choice, especially since it feels very
disconcerting to REMOVE features between releases without something to
replace them.

/s/ Adam

This and Enrico's sentiment is the one I share, even if is broader than the asked question.