> So I will ask: Is your target for the Lua language (distinct from Lua
> API) people who have that kind of understanding of C and it's library's
> limitations? Should they be expected to educate themselves in that way, in
> order to use them? Should they be expected to read the documentation's
> disclaimer about its use and then now where to go to find out how to get it
> to do what they're expecting?

Our target are people that are up to the task they intend to do, which
can demand very little or very deep knowledge of a diverse set of
subjects. In particular, we expect that anyone doing anything with any
real responsability should read the documentation and know the limitations
of the tools involved, as any professional in any other area does.

-- Roberto