On Fri, Apr 04, 2014 at 08:13:50PM -0400, Sean Conner wrote:
>   Which doesn't require any of the functions under consideration to
> calculate.
>
>   -spc (Not that I have anything against the Mandelbrot set ... )

Of course not, please excuse that off-topic excursion ;-).

The Mandelbrot set was something I had in mind after working out an
example for OpenCL for Lua, with the hope to convey a bit of the beauty
of mathematics to the posters that have never needed a function beyond
sin(x). Which could be eliminated along with the other trigonometric
functions, in favour of exp(z).

Peter