On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 6:21 AM, William Ahern
<william@25thandclement.com> wrote:
> I wish I could test on HP/UX or AIX, to see if it's needed there, but those
> companies don't make life easy for open source developers doing portability
> work. But I'm fairly confident just setting _REENTRANT unconditionally on
> all POSIX platforms would work without problems, given the extensive history
> of its usage. My only hesitation is that on platforms I haven't tested, it
> might require linking to the threading library. But I unconditionally define
> _REENTRANT in all my projects, and I regularly build and test them on Linux,
> NetBSD, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, OS X, and Solaris.

You can test AIX. Sign up to the IBM Partner Program (free, just
requires signing some forms and agreements) and you can then use the
IBM PowerPC virtual loaner program for free - you get root access with
AIX (or Linux PPC) machines, its via a VPN and you get them for a week
or so at a time.

Justin