On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 11:32 PM, Coroutines <coroutines@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 8:20 PM, Paul Baker <paulbaker8@gmail.com> wrote:
> how would deg() and rad() be trivially added back?

deg & rad simply perform a division & multiplication by (PI / 180.0).

Hmm.  So the argument is some of these math functions are trivial (if not rarely used), and my counter-argument is that the ones that build on others should remain if their triviality isn't known off the top of the common persons' head.

I can see removing pow() because there's already an operator for it, and maybe even deg()/rad() because they're pretty trivial (although their presence makes code nice and readable and I have to wonder how much good removing them would do). But removing sin(), cos(), and tan() would be ridiculous, and the other trig functions are also tremendously useful.

--
Sent from my Game Boy.