On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 7:47 PM, Tim Channon <tc@gpsl.net> wrote:
I use all of them.

On 03/04/2014 21:35, Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:
> We are considering removing some functions from the standard math lib,
> either because we think few people use them or because they are trivially
> implemented without the library. The current list is this:
>
> - sinh, cosh, tanh: (They are quite specialized, on par with several
> other functions offered by external libraries, such as lhf's mathlibx.)
>
> - deg, rad, pow: trivially done without the library.
>
> Comments?
>
> -- Roberto

I usually use sin, cos, and tan for testing out graphing libraries, for simple (but complex looking) plots.  I wish these 3 would stay, but I'm not a math person -- can they be easily added back by use of the other functions?

I agree that pow() can go, we do have ^...   how would deg() and rad() be trivially added back?  Anything to do with degrees and radians scar[e]s me.