On 3 April 2014 21:25, Ross Bencina <rossb-lists@audiomulch.com> wrote:
> Perhaps we should get rid of sin/cos/tan and friends too then?
>
> Special functions will always be used sparingly in any code, yet they are
> very non-trivial to implement. So you need to load a C lib. Why not the
> standard Lua math lib? It is a *math* lib.

I think the idea is not whether or not it's a good idea to have a math
library, but instead where to draw the line. More functions exist in
the world than what's implemented in the math library, and that's only
because someone has drawn a line before. And now, they are asking if
the line should/could be redrawn. So even if it's a math lib, I'm fine
with it having less code than what it currently has. It's only my
opinion, of course.