Am 01.04.2014 10:53 schrieb Kevin Martin:
On 1 Apr 2014, at 09:42, Moose <moose@posteo.de> wrote:

1) Can Lua scripts call functions in the very same DLL that calls the
interpreter?

Is there a particular reason you are using the ffi? Can you not write
your C function as a lua_CFunction, and then use
lua_pushcfunction/lua_setglobal to make it accessible to the script?

Sort of.
There's three weak reasons:
1) I don't know (yet) how the regular C API Bindings work and only intend to find out if ffi is indeed the problem. 2) LuaJit docs suggest that ffi bound functions are a lot faster as they are subject to JIT optimization
3) I wanted to try the easy way first.

If there's reason to believe that C API Bindings will work in the same scenario I'm happy to give that a shot and learn it.

Thanks,
Moose