To clarify one item:

Am 01.04.2014 10:00 schrieb Moose:
1) Can Lua scripts call functions in the very same DLL that calls the
interpreter?

For my experiments I have used LuaJit with FFI binding. Successful so
far, but i noticed I have to load the DLL inside the Lua script
specifically before I can use it.

There is a question on stackoverflow here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5919743/how-to-use-luajits-ffi-module-when-embedding

this describes exactly where I got stuck with my experiments. However, the proposed answer does nothing for me. I still get the "cannot resolve symbol 'barfunc'." error, even with the same example. So it may be a platform specific issue. I am on Windows x64, MSVC9 here (Visual Studio 2008).

Moose