On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 10:20 PM, Peter Melnichenko
<petjamelnik@yandex.ru> wrote:
> Static analysis solutions don't slow the program at all, there is no need to worry whether the all code are executed when testing, and assigning a global, if needed, is simply `_G.key = value`.

I'm also a fan of static analysis, although I use the classic bytecode
analysis approach (lglob).  It's been so useful that I bind my
'compile' shortcut key to lglob for Lua.  A hundred or so milliseconds
later I know where my typos are, before even trying to run the
program.