I notice that the documentation for Lua 5.3 (work2)
[http://www.lua.org/work/doc/] still directs readers to LuaBinaries to
obtain an executable version of the language. Unfortunately it seems
that LuaBinaries has not been updated in almost 2 years. The latest
binaries available are for 5.2.1. By now, it would be good to have
binaries of 5.2.2 and 5.2.3 available and, ideally, binaries for the
work versions of 5.3 as well (at least for the major platforms).

Is LuaBinaries likely to be updated with these files in the future?

I think Lua benefits significantly from having (semi-) official
binaries, and until mid-2012 I believe LuaBinaries did a good job of
providing these. I particularly liked the minimalist approach and the
ease of installation: simply extract the downloaded archive.