On 03/13/2014 04:29 AM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
One approach is to parse the output of ctags ('exuberant tags') which
has the extra type info needed to make these distinctions.
I do use ctags but clearly not that well...

sorry for the late reply, but have you tried the GNU Global? I am currently
using it as my `better ctags' replacement and am quite satisfied so far.
a html generator is distributed along with it.

it is quite easy to use, for instance
---------8x---------------------------------------
> tar xvf ../download/lua-5.2.3.tar.gz
> cd lua-5.2.3
> gtags
> htags -ahnoTx --fixed-guide
> firefox HTML/index.html

the command line options above for `htags' is my personal choice.
it shoudl just work by typing `htags' or `htags --suggest' or `htags --suggest2'.

`htags --help' will list more options.

hopefully it would give better result.

best regards.