On 12 March 2014 11:28, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
<lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
>> Trying to go through the source code of Lua 5.2, however when I decided to
>> check out this function "next(ls)" inside llex function I noticed that the
>> hyperlink leads to http://www.lua.org/source/5.2/lobject.h.html#next which
>
> Sorry about that. The scripts that do the conversion to HTML are simple
> minded and do not handle duplicate names. This is a bug. They also add
> links in comments, which may or may not be the correct thing to do,
> depending on the comment. Thanks for reporting.
>
> If there are only a few of those, perhaps it is easier to fix them by
> hand. Have you or anyone else found other bad links?

Well, in terms of semantically incorrect links, there are several
local variable names which appear in many functions and point to
incorrect places (e.g., ls, p, seminfo, and so on). Perhaps it should
produce links in function and macro names only? Variables are bound to
produce tons of false positives unless you make it at least smart
enough to pick the closest definition and tell apart variables from
struct fields.

-- Hisham