On 22/03/2014 19.30, Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:
Can someone suggest a reasonable way to "fix" it without making the code
uglier and/or generating useless code?

Rewriting Lua in C# and using "out" parameters? ;-)

I too like zero-warning compilation, but in this case I would just put a comment in the code (as others seem to have done).

(I have just seen avr-gcc with -O3 'de-optimize' my code by adding extra jmp instructions, so I am not in a mood to like that optimization level)

--
  Enrico