On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 5:14 PM, Sean Conner <sean@conman.org> wrote:
>> one, Lua does have objects... every value is an object, be it OOP or not.
>
>   Well, by that definition, so is C; it's just that it has even less
> syntactic sugar than Lua.

first, OOP is a design style, not a language feature.  As Rena said,
there are quite complete OOP frameworks in C.  And even without any
extra framework, you can _really_ do OOP in C just by exercising the
theory and defining a style.

second, it's a little hairsplitting and somewhat personal opinion, but
typically I call a value an object when it carries its own type
information.  C primitive values don't, and in structs you can (and
it's sometimes good advice), but not automatically.

--
Javier