On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 8:09 PM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
<lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
>> could you tell me what tool created a text file with embedded NULs in it?
>
> find -print0 , which is supported by xargs -0.

I wouldn't call that a text file.  it's a sequence of null-terminated
strings.  several utilities have the option to write in that format
_instead_ of a line-oriented stream.  precisely because line breaks
are such a lousy delimiter for arbitrary strings.

--
Javier