It was thus said that the Great René Rebe once stated:

> The next time you parse a text file which accidental has a \0 somewhere
> you probably want this bug fix, too ;-) Especially after you spend hours
> to figure out what is going on, …

  You would have had the same trouble with C if you used fgets().

  And could you tell me what tool created a text file with embedded NULs in
it?  I want to avoid using said tool ...

  -spc (Besides, when I get odd results with a text file, my first course of
	action is to do a hex dump on the "text" file ... )