On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 9:29 PM, John Hind <john.hind@zen.co.uk> wrote:
> stick on any Windows computer from XP onward without leaving a footprint. The bane of
 > all the other systems I've come across is dependencies

Oh yes, and installing a whole Lua distribution isn't the solution for
that use case.

>say, very poor performance. Also I do not get why we either have to have a totally hair-shirt > command-line interface or a totally dumbed-down non-programmable GUI.

Particularly acute on Windows because users are command-line phobic.
And yet GUI toolkits are often big beasts (dependencies!).  Often I've
wished for a basic Windows GUI for user-facing scripts that did not
involve some kind of kitchen sink.

steve d.