On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 11:50 AM, John Hind <john.hind@zen.co.uk> wrote:
I finally got my five-year-old code base for 'Grunt', an advanced Windows
runtime using Lua for shell scripting, ready for a proper public launch:
https://github.com/JohnHind/Grunt

Oh, that seems very, very interesting!
Do I understand correctly, that MS ATL sources cannot be distributed with this standalone, so VS Express users probably have to install Windows Driver Kit [1] if they'd want to build?
Also, did you include, or would you consider including, the luaffi [2] project inside? I imagine that could help to add support for more Windows APIs as needed on-the-fly, without need for rebuilding the whole stack?

  [1]: http://www.codeproject.com/Tips/424702/WTL-Setup-Gotchas
  [2]: https://github.com/jmckaskill/luaffi

Thanks & Best Regards,
/Mateusz Czapliński.