> On 31 January 2014 15:56, steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 3:50 AM, Hisham <h@hisham.hm> wrote:
>> > Everyone is encouraged to create an account and click on their
>> > favorite libraries: https://lua-toolbox.com
>>
>> It's coming on nicely, but it needs some crowd-sourcing input; there
>> often isn't a link to the actual package, and whether it's in
>> LuaRocks.  But it's a good start on a catalog, which we've lacked
>> since the collapse of LuaForge.
>
> How does one submit projects to the site?

For now it only contains projects that are in LuaRocks.
All the information is taken from the rocks files.

I intend to add support for modules that are not in LuaRocks
but I hesitate because I think encouraging people to submit
their modules to LuaRocks is a good thing. I have already had
at least one person submit a module to LuaRocks because they
wanted it in Lua Toolbox.

The only information that is not in the rockspecs curently is
tags and votes.

I intend to let users edit tags soon. I just want to refine
my plans about vandalism prevention first.

I would also like to let users edit missing information and
then feed it back to LuaRocks for inclusion in the rockspec
(e.g. missing URLs). When the site gets a little more usage
we may try to put support for tags and votes into LuaRocks
itself as well.

The only issue is this takes time, and I just changed jobs
to work at an early stage startup which doesn't leave me
too much time for side projects ATM :) Also I am a very bad
Web designer as you can see so I would appreciate if someone
with better taste gave me a hand with the UI.

The website source is at https://github.com/catwell/lua-toolbox.git
if you are interested. Technologies used are Lapis (Lua for
everything except the views which are in MoonScript currently)
and Redis.

--
Pierre Chapuis