Hi all,

in my application, many many little problems are tackled by multiple threads. Currently, I have a lua_State per problem domain and thread. This is in the order of thousands of lua_States which work in like 16 threads on those many little problems.

I could do with only one lua_State per thread.
That would make my program less complex which is better.

Before I change my program towards fewer lua_States, I'd like to hear your opinion on this. Will the reduction of thousands of lua_States, each working with one script on a small problem, down to one lua_State per thread, each working with several scripts on many small problems, will this be beneficial or harmful?

Does Lua suffer from scalability problems which I didn't run into yet because I chopped the work into so many small pieces?

Thank you very much for any insights you can share on this.

Dirk