On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 2:50 PM, Gary V. Vaughan <gary@vaughan.pe> wrote:
> GNU Zile is a multi-buffer, multipane microemacs.  At one end of the scale you could reuse the luaposix/curses window and buffer management code to build a standalone file-manager, right through to the other end of the scale of contributing dired implementation patches for inclusion in a future release.  Bear in mind this is an FSF project under the GPL, not the usual Lua MIT/X11 terms, which has implications.
>
> GNU Zile recently rebranded itself from "Zile is Lossy Emacs" to "Zile Implements Lua Editors", and there is an early test release available in LuaRocks (luarocks install zile), which will get you zmacs (the editor formerly known as zile).  Things are still in flux in git, but pull-requests are welcome:
>
>   http://github.com/gvvaughan/zile

Hi, Gary,

You said "rebranded" and that things are still in a state of flux. But
the link you gave is for an editor toolkit, which is not how the Gnu
Zile at the following location is described.
<http://libreplanet.org/wiki/GNU_Zile>.

I need to understand a bit more for the Where Lua Is Used web page. Is
the libreplanet web page going to go away? Or is there still a Gnu
Zile that is a ready-to-go plain text editor as opposed to a text
editor toolkit? 1 product or 2?

Best regards,

Paul

--
[Notice not included in the above original message:  The U.S. National
message.]