I concur; just forget about BASIC instead! Any modern, dynamic
language is so much nicer when used properly - and Lua is a small and
relatively easy one to learn at that.

That said, I've been coding in asm, BASIC, Pascal, C, C++ and whatnot
for 30 years. Not sure if that means I should know, or that I haven't
got the faintest idea about the original poster's perspective! ;-)

--
//David Olofson - Consultant, Developer, Artist, Open Source Advocate

.--- Games, examples, libraries, scripting, sound, music, graphics ---.
|   http://consulting.olofson.net          http://olofsonarcade.com   |