On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 1:42 PM, Michael Gerbracht <smartmails@arcor.de> wrote:
Can you suggest what I have to do to get it working? I have seen that you can
download lpeg sources - do I have to compile them? Is it possible to use
Visual Studio for that? Or is there a place I can download another version of
.dll? I have no experience with compiling C programs...

I have neither experience with lpeg nor with NLua, unfortunately, but until someone more knowledgeable steps in, I'll try to help what I can...

As to Visual Studio, I believe it should be able to build lpeg. I'd try to just put all the .c files of lpeg in one project in the IDE. IIRC, when you start a New Project, you have some wizards to choose, and one of them should allow you to make a DLL project. Remember to make it x64, but I believe you can do this only later somewhere in the Properties window or something. Also, I think x64 is not supported in some older versions of VS, and I'm also not sure if it is available in VS Express IDE; you might be good to google this before. Also in the Properties window you must add in correct place the path to directory containing lua.h (some kinda "Includes Path" or something).

If not in the IDE itself, there's still a chance x64 might be supported by the commandline tools. You'll get some "Visual Studio Command Prompt" shortcut installed in Start Menu, then again just run the compiler ("cl /?" should give some help) with all the .c files, and try to make something out of the options...

Not much help, I'm afraid, but hopefully someone will supplement...

/M.