> If the workshop were to be in London, for example, I might warn people against the food (I can say this, being a Brit) :)

There are worse things about the UK, I am sure. (e.g., a few years ago a
Brazilian got shot in the head by the London police because he looked
like someone else.)

Everytime we discuss the location of the next workshop there is this
kind of discussion, and more often than not it goes out of proportion
and offends a lot of people. Let us try to be reasonable. For instance,
let us assume that a typical participant in the Lua workwhop will not
take the opportunity of being abroad to participate in a gay parade, or
a anti-NSA parade, or to beat other people. Let us also assume he will
not be carring state secrets in his laptop nor firearms when going to
the workshop. So, let us try to limit the discussion to more serious
problems than the usual lot that any tourist in any part of the world
will face.

-- Roberto