On Wed, Dec 25, 2013 at 8:49 PM, Leo Razoumov <slonik.az@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/21/13, Alexander Gladysh <agladysh@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi, list!
>>
>> It looks like that I may have finally found a corporate sponsor that
>> will be willing to help with good venue (and catering) in Moscow for
>> Lua Workshop '14.
>>
>> We're still discussing details, but, provided that it will work out,
>> what do community think about Moscow as the location for the next
>> Workshop? I'm thinking about autumn. Maybe September or October, so it
>> will be not too cold :-)
>>
>> Best,
>> Alexander.
>>

> Very exciting, indeed!
> Are there any decent hotels (not hostels) that are still affordable?

Well, depends on what "affordable" is. You can find an OK place at
100$/night, I think — if you don't mind inexpensive furniture and
travelling a bit to get to the Moscow Centre.

> If my recollection (has not been to Moscow in the last 20 years) serves me well
> October in Moscow is quite gloomy. September ("babje leto" aka "Indian
> summer" in US)
> would be better unless global warming changed the things drastically.

I agree, and I will be targeting September. Things vary from year to
year though, especially recently, so you can't reliably predict
weather that far ahead — look at Toulouse weather this year :-)

Alexander.