On 16.12.2013 21:23, Petite Abeille wrote:

On Dec 16, 2013, at 5:00 PM, Alek Paunov <alex@declera.com> wrote:

I am just wondering, Is there something in common between arguments serialization/storing approaches for the memoization and the current implementation of the Lua Datalog engine [1][2]?

Possibly. What does datalog do in that domain?

Datalog itself perhaps is not strongly related. I tried to emphasize on _current_ _implementation_ of the available Lua Datalog engine, which I think is based on the approach of "tabling" (in Datalog terms), which in turn is defined as form of memoization.

The practical side of the relation is, that Datalog module is one more instance of proven Lua module which, AFICT, is strongly based on memoization, so the current discussion might inspire some optimizations in the implementation (e.g. for reducing the difference with the OCaml [1] version metrics) and/or to contribute some elements to the discussed techniques.