> Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 11:53:47 +0200
> From: Bogdan Marinescu <bogdan.marinescu@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Lua on Microcontrollers

> > > http://www.embeddedartists.com/products/boards/lpc4088_qsb.php

MBED has come on a lot since it last disappointed me. The board above does seem to give it plenty of resources to support even full-fat Lua. But at 50EUR it is "more money for less functionality" compared to the PI or BBB and none of these multi-chip boards really hit the mark for me, which is a programmable component that can be built into a wider electronic design and is even cheap enough for small batch production runs or multi-processor systems.

My current "chip of choice" is the Cypress PSOC family - mainly because it has a very good, free, cross-development IDE (which scores by NOT being based on the awful Eclypse!). But these have nothing like the RAM necessary for Lua. The rest of the ARM crowd you seem to spend more time struggling with the tool chain than coding (or you buy a very expensive professional system). MBED maybe gets round this, but with no debugger?

---