On 12/09/2013 07:43 AM, Bob Schiavo wrote:

Hello everybody

I'm actually using Lua embedded on STM32F4 board and Eclipse as IDE, make me able to check and debug the C code thanks to openOCD.

I discovered that exist LuaEclipse and Koneki to debug a script Lua using Eclipse.

Someone reports that Koneki seems to work fine for syntax highlighting, inspecting script code and so on .... but working only over a LUA project.

So I was wondering if by using LuaEclipse or Koneki it is possible to debug at the same time on the STM board both the C code and the lua script executed by the C code (put breakpoint both in the C code and the lua script, go step by step on both the sides, and so on).

I haven't found any explicit reference on the documentation about the question.

Anybody knows if it is possible this kind of ‘double side debug’, or already did that? In affirmative case, could tell me how to do?

Thanks in advance

Bob

Hi
It is, in general, possible to run as many debuggers in Eclipse at the same time as you want. The thing is, these debugers don't know about each other. You would be able to debug Lua and C at the same time. You won't be able to step from Lua into C or vice verse, this would need much more than just two debuggers running. What might be difficult is to have a single project wite Lua and C in it. I do it this way but I have my own debugger and not Koneki. You might just want to have a Koneki and a CDT project open at the same time in the same workspace.
--
Thomas