On 4/12/2013, at 7:45 am, Rob Kendrick <rjek@rjek.com> wrote:

> If you want to import CSV files that come from a different OS that gets
> it wrong, then that's a problem, but changing them to use a different
> function rather than read "*l" doesn't seem like that much of a
> hardship.

No, it’s not particularly difficult (though I suspect doing it efficiently requires a little care).

I guess I’m trying to either:
 - find out if there’s an existing implementation which already handles the corner cases I have
 - work out which (if any) existing implementation would it be most worthwhile to improve
 - work out whether it’s worthwhile tidying up what I have and making it available

Sorry if that wasn’t clear.