Hi,

What’s the current best option for a CSV (or tab separated, for that matter) file?

I’ve had a look at http://lua-users.org/wiki/CsvUtils and http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaCsv, searched LuaRocks (nothing came up, but perhaps I’m using the wrong search term) and looked at Penlight’s data.read.  As far as I can tell, most solutions either:
 - read the whole file in one go (constructing a table of all the values becomes impractical as files get larger)
 - read lines with “*l” and so are opinionated about what constitutes a newline
 - don’t handle embedded newlines in quoted fields

There’s also an LPeg example, but as I understand it, LPeg works on whole strings, not file streams?

Geoff