On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 7:02 PM, Tim Hill <drtimhill@gmail.com> wrote:
>Having architected one of the more complex ones I can attest that (a) it’s not fun, (b) it’s far more complex than at first appears, and (c) creating one that works AND is approachable by the average user is extremely difficult.

That's true, although issue (a) is the biggie ;)  With sufficient fun,
most problems can be solved.

As for (b), it does not have to be authoritative, similar to the 80%
rule with IDEs (We know smart tab-completion and navigation with
dynamic languages is very hard, but an IDE does not have to solve the
full problem to be useful)

(c) is hard. I have nothing to say to that since I am design-impaired.

There _is_ a lot of information that needs to be captured, which is
why it needs to be crowd-sourced and peer-reviewed. (A fair amount can
be extracted from the LuaDist/LuaRocks repository manifests)