On 25 November 2013 00:47, Michael Richter <ttmrichter@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 25 November 2013 07:45, Sean Conner <sean@conman.org> wrote:
>>
>>   What about organizational prefixes don't you (that is, Pierre, not Dirk)
>> don't like about such prefixes?
>

> I'm neither Pierre or Dirk, but I can tell you what I don't like about them:
> organizations change.
>
> All the Java libraries are now tagged with organizational prefixes for a
> company that no longer exists.

Reverse domains can be "where is the canonical location of the code"
rather than "which organization originally authored it". If the
package name encodes a location for a package manager to fetch from,
this problem can be mostly overcome with responsible URIs[1] and HTTP
redirects.

[1]: http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI.html