On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 7:06 AM, Pierre Chapuis <catwell@archlinux.us> wrote:
> Not sure if it has already been posted here, but
> Google released its Portable Native Client and
> a few demos along with it, one being Lua 5.2 in
> the browser, provided with a few benchmarks and
> fun pieces of obfuscated code.
>
> http://gonativeclient.appspot.com/demo/lua
>
> --
> Pierre Chapuis

This is really cool. Not only for the Lua stuff, but the general idea.
I'm sure I'm not the first to make the observation that web browsers
could really benefit from a cross-platform bytecode compiler, like the
.Net CLR (Is that right or is there a new one called.. CIL?) and JVM.

I don't see that this is quite that, yet. It looks as though this is
for C and C++.

--Andrew