Replying to myself just to add one change also required for making Zero as False work.

In the luaK_goiftrue function in lparser.c one line needs to be changed:

FROM: case VK: case VKNUM: case VTRUE: {
  TP: case VTRUE: {

This way constants and numbers will be checked if they are numeric 0 or not.

Again, if anyone knows why this is a bad idea (other than because it changes the semantics of the language, but remember I am creating a new variant of Lua so that is not a problem) please let me know.

So far, however, it does seem to work quite well, and since 0 has been false for as long as I have been coding it just makes me happy to have it work that way in my scripting language as well! ;)

~pmd~