On 11/11/2013 20.10, Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:
>>> I have definitely seen the problem on 32-bit Linux as well.  So I
>>> compile ldo.c specially in luabuild. Here is the relevant part of the
>>> lakefile:
>>>
>>> -- gcc 4.6 messes up setjmp/longjmp when optimizing
>>> local ldo = c.group{LDO,defines=defs,args=def,
>>>     flags=choose(CC=='gcc','-fno-omit-frame-pointer')
>>> }
>>>
>>> (point being that only this file needs the flag, and it may be GCC
>>> version specific)
>>
>> I've been sticking to Lua 5.1 on MinGW32...
>
> This seems to be a bug in the C compiler; apparently it has nothing to
> do with Lua itself. Lua 5.1 should present the same problem. (Actually
> the bug is not in the compiler itself, but in the implementation of
> longjmp/setjmp.)
>
> -- Roberto

OK. I compiled and performed a simple test with the following setups on
WinXP SP3 and TDM-GCC 32 bit. No problem as long as my old report is
concerned (i.e. no process crash as reported with GCC 4.6.x when calling
`error`).

TDM-GCC 4.5.2, 4.7.1, 4.8.1
Lua 5.1.5, 5.2.2, 5.2.3-rc1

All 9 combinations tested.