Hi Steve Donovan,

I am sorry for making you look into Orbiter again.
Actually I worried about this ... when I replied to you.
For me, you don't need to look it again spending your time.
I now know about orbiter a lot more than before.

I always thank you and whole lua community.
Everything is free and I can communicate with the original authors like you.
Thank you for making these available for me and people.

Journeyer
Sincerely yours

Journeyer J. Joh
o o s a p r o g r a m m e r
a t
g m a i l  d o t  c o m

2013/11/10 steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com>
On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 4:02 AM, Journeyer J. Joh
<oosaprogrammer@gmail.com> wrote:
> (I was surprised the December is summer for you. And you have shutdown. ^^)

Oh, it's like August in Europe - nothing gets done!  Of course, I
should try also to have a holiday ;)

You have definitely made me interested in looking again at Orbiter, if
only to document it more carefully.  But first I think I need to push
out a new LDoc....

I still believe in the original vision - Orbiter is meant to be a
little app server that only depends on LuaSocket, and is also meant to
present a component-based interface that abstracts away from the
HTML/CSS/_javascript_ mess and would be more familiar to desktop devs
such as myself.  However, I am not very good at styling.

Of course, it's worth looking again at old GUI patterns and trying to
re-imagine them on a higher level as more declarative - Lua is very
good for working on those levels.

 I've used it successfully to prototype web apps but I would think
twice about using this little boat on the open sea of the Web ;)  It
would be interesting to know what needs to be done to make it a
candidate for embedded servers (such as on routers) but this step
should be taken by someone who actually has a clue.

steve d.