On Tuesday, November 05, 2013 06:50:18 PM František Fuka wrote:
> Hello, Tom.
>
> I am not sure I understand. I have the official luasocket package installed
> on my system and I have the latest Xubuntu (13.10). Do you mean that this
> is newer package that is compatible with Lua 5.2?

Yes. lua-socket in 13.10 (codename "saucy") is 5.1 only. The next (X)Ubuntu 14
will have support for 5.2. You don't have to upgrade your entire system, you
can download the packages you need. In this case, just lua-socket is needed.
The lua5.2 you have is already the latest.

--
tom <telliamed@whoopdedo.org>