Hi All,

I'd like to announce the initial implementation of ZBS and LuaDist
integration. ZBS is a Lua IDE and LuaDist is a packaging/distribution
platform for Lua modules. This implementation packages bootstrap
modules needed for LuaDist with ZBS, which allows the user to run the
following commands from the Local console in ZBS:

> luadist.install('lpeg')
> require 'lpeg'

and things "magically" work (both from the console and for you scripts
running in ZBS). Binary installations are supported when available and
are a default setting for Windows and OSX; Linux defaults to "source"
installations. All these defaults can be changed by passing additional
parameters: luadist.install('lpeg', {source = true}). These are the
same parameters you'd specify when running LuaDist from the command
line (minus dashes).

Lua 5.2 modules are supported as well and can be installed using
luadist.install(5.2, 'lpeg', {source = true}) command. Lua 5.1/5.2
modules are installed into different folders, so they don't conflict
and can be used by different interpreters in ZBS. The module has been
tested on Windows, OSX, and Ubuntu 32/64bit.

Detailed instructions and the package to use are available here:
https://github.com/pkulchenko/ZeroBraneStudio/issues/225#issuecomment-27532676.
The code is in the luadist-package branch, but is planned to be merged
into master when couple of issues on OSX with Lua 5.2 are addressed.

I'd like to thank Peter Drahos for LuaDist and for his assistance with
this integration. Please let me know if you get a chance to try it and
run into any issues (or even if you don't run into issues ;)). Thank
you.

Paul.