On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 2:44 AM, Paul K <paulclinger@yahoo.com> wrote:
> different types of IUP windows, but if you notice that some windows do
> not show when you launch your application, let me know.

Part of the problem is that on Windows there's both a wlua.exe and a
lua.exe; the first is for GUI applications and does not support
standard i/o.  But it doesn't create a console window, which can be
distracting!  When debugging, it's probably best to run using lua.exe,
since you can then use print.

This distinction isn't an issue on Unix, where running programs do not
create their own terminal instances.