Thanks Dirk! I was able to get it working with this.

@Rob: Have you ever heard of mobile substrate/cydia substrate? It lets you override C/ObjC functions dynamically. I was trying to bring something like that to Lua, purely for educational purposes of course. For example, it could be used to debug calls to something like table.insert.

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 12:34 AM, Rob Kendrick <rjek@rjek.com> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 06:48:40AM +0200, Dirk Laurie wrote:
> debug.getinfo, debug.setlocal, debug.setupvalue add up to a lot of power.
> Maybe enough to do what you want.

I'm more interested in why somebody would want this :)

B.

--
~ mlnlover11 ~
https://github.com/mlnlover11