On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 9:22 AM, Dario Dominin <dario.dominin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Guys,
> I know that my question maybe be consider stupid .. but I can use LUA to
> build complex app? Like interaction with external website/server?
>
> Like .. click the photo and upload somewhere...
>
> Because in several guides that Im reading .. they explain you only how to
> build a simple game..
>
> thx for the help
>
> Dario

Hey Dario,

People solve problems with the wrong language, every day! :)

Lua can certainly be used for complex applications and is. One of my
favorite examples is ZeroBrane Studio[1]. Along with some C libraries
(most notably wxwidgets/wxlua[2]), it's a complete and feature-rich
IDE.

On the web server front, openresty[3] (nginx + a collection of
packages) is pretty exciting and worth checking out.

-Andrew

[1] http://studio.zerobrane.com/
[2] http://wxlua.sourceforge.net/
[3] http://openresty.org/