Hi,

Today I wanted to update my project to Lua 5.2.2, and I noticed two
things that I thought were worth considering a change:

* first, it wasn't obvious to me at first whether the official tarball
download is patched up with all the available patches (turns out it
isn't). I fear some people will assume it is and not browse the site
enough to get around the bugs page, and then in addition realize they
will need to apply all the patches manually. That would be sad, because
they would go away and work with an unpatched Lua (without being
necessarily aware of it)

* in addition, when I attempted to patch my Lua, I noticed all the
patches are in an easy to read, but not so suitable for patch download
embedded-in-webpage form where I need to copy+paste them one by one, 7
in total (or is there any other way to fetch them?). A culminated raw
patch file linked at the top which simply has all the newest patches in
one big patch file would help a lot!

Or what are other people's thoughts on this?

Regards
Jonas Thiem